Overcoming Dental Anxiety
Did you know?
53% of people in the UK suffer from dental anxiety when visiting the dentist.
How to prepare for the dentist:
1. Chose the right dentist best suited to you to ensure you feel comfortable throughout the process and can have a trusting relationship with them.
2. Speaking to your dentist can help to gain confidence and also allows them to focus on how you are feeling to make the process more comfortable for you.
3. Using distractions will help to divert your mind; you can distract yourself by bringing in your headphones and listening to some music. Our dentist’s will always be happy and talkative to ensure you are feeling your best throughout the appointment, if you start to feel yourself become more anxious start up a conversation J
4. Breathing exercises can also help when feeling anxious.
Why should you visit the dentist?
Missing routine dental check up appointments can lead to further negative issues. It is important you attend any appointments your dentist has recommended to ensure you maintain good oral health. Not having good oral health can lead to problems such as:
· Dental cavities
· Gum disease (periodontal disease)
· Bad Breath
· Bleeding gums
· Tooth loss
· Systemic disease
At Best Health Clinics we do offer IV sedation for nervous or anxious patients, this is a safe way to allow dental care appointments to go through as they should and make you feel as best as possible.
For further information please give us a call on 0170847777 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org