Come to see our pharmacist in our private travel clinic in Hornchurch at least 8 weeks before you're due to travel but don't worry if you have left it too late as vaccines can be given up to the day before travel.
If you have never had the vaccine before it takes 7-10 days to develop immunity but if you have had it before you will be immune straight away.
Some vaccines need to be given well in advance to allow your body to develop immunity.
And some vaccines involve a number of doses spread over several weeks or months.
You may be more at risk of some diseases, for example, if you're:
travelling in rural areas
staying in hostels or camping
on a long trip rather than a package holiday
For some countries you need proof of vaccination polio or yellow fever vaccination, which must be documented on an International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis (ICVP) before you enter or when you leave a country.
Saudi Arabia requires proof of vaccination against certain types of meningitis for visitors arriving for the Hajj and Umrah pilgrimages and you will need a certificate for this as well.
Even if an ICVP is not required, it's still a good idea to take a record of the vaccinations you have had with you.
What vaccines do we offer?
· Cholera (2 doses and a booster after 2 years)
· Diphtheria, Tetanus and Polio (1 dose every 10 years)
· Hepatitis A (1 dose and a booster 6-12 months after then immune for 25 years)
· Hepatitis B (standard regime: 3 doses at 0,1 and 6 months, accelerated regime: 4 doses at 0,1,2 and 12 months, ultra rapid: regime 4 doses at 0,7,21 days and 12 months)
· Japanese Encephalitis (Ixiaro) (2 doses, either 0 and 7 days or 0 and 28 days, booster 12-24 months)
· Meningitis ACWY (Menveo) (1 dose)
· Rabies (3 doses: 0,7 and 21 days, booster after 1 year, quick regime 0,3,7 days and 12 months)
· Tick Borne Encephalitis (3 doses at 0,1 and 6 months and booster after 3 years)
· Typhoid ( 1 dose every 3 years)
· Yellow Fever including certification (1 dose lifelong)
For more information please visit our website or call us on 01708477577.